Day
Fourteen: Sunday, May 27
Today
was my final day in Munich. I was able to do some last-minute sightseeing,
enjoy more food, and spend more time with friends. We all slept in rather late,
so our remaining time was limited. Once we checked out of our hotel, there were
only a couple of hours for additional activities. We had lunch, picked up a few
final souvenirs, and then soon headed to the central station to find our
Flixbus. This was the greatest adventure of the day. We came out on the wrong
side of the station, and then had to ask for directions to the Flixbus station.
Once we got directions, the race was on. I chose my worst possible pair of
shoes – a loose pair of flip-flops. While the others were fast-stepping it
toward the bus, I was making about every kind of racket possible while trying
to keep up. Flop, smack, slap, snap, crackle, pop, you name it. By the grace of
God, we managed to get to the correct bus of what seemed like a hundred others
on time. With a grand total of maybe 2.3 seconds to spare, we boarded the bus
sweaty and huffing. The next 5 and a half hours were rather uneventful, as we
headed back toward Vienna. After arriving back at the Flixbus station in
Vienna, the “U3” sign with orange letters was a welcome sight. We eventually
made it back to good ol’ Hutteldorf and then on from there to Wien Weidlingau to Barb’s house to get some
rest.
You made me laugh! I have a whole group of friends that I drive completely crazy with my flippy-floppy flip flops in the summer. :-)
ReplyDeleteThis story just gets better and better each time I read it. I think I've got them all now....oh wait, still have Logan's to read ;)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time in Munich and that you made it home safely.